Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Sunday in September


Are you ready for some football?? I am not, but I couldn't resist buying this shirt for my daughter. She picked it out and Target and loved it so much, well..I couldn't say no. Plus, she looks so cute in it!

Speaking of happy things, I thought I would share some of my favorite trims and findings that I picked up recently.
There is some beautiful May Arts lace and autumnal floral ribbon some gray Artsylicious ribbon (expensive, but very pretty), some Heidi Swapp large bling brads, some beaded flowers and trims that I picked up in the Hobby Lobby when I went to Texas, and some of the new Jenni Bowlin Crepe Paper ribbon that I need to figure out how to use.


I got this Jewelery holder for my necklaces and bracelets at Pier 1 last weekend and as I was staring at it all week on my dresser, I thought it would be perfect as a ribbon holder. So, I hit another Pier 1 on Thursday and found one holder left. There should be a little bird at the top, but he is missing, so I got it at a bit of a discount. This is a work in progress as I still need to add more ribbon to it.


Finally, I have really been in pursuit of using up a lot of my old stash so here is a layout using some My Mind's Eye. I added some glitter and Glossy Accents to the chipboard letters and used my new Martha Stewart doily punch around the frame.

In this layout I used the Urban Rhapsody K&Co. line. I also added some new sequin trim that I got in A.C. Moore the other day.


Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

mommy2alex said...

What a great idea for a ribbon holder! Love using reg household items in my craft room.
Yummy trims, I'm loving colored lace and velvet ribbon these days - cannot get enough of it!

Susan Beth said...

Really like the Make a Wish layout - the punch frame turned out great!

Lainey said...

Great idea for the ribbon holder - will have to track down on of them! Love the make a wish LO - I have the same paper and can't bring myself to cut it up as it's too pretty!;-)

Ann-Marie said...

that ribbon holder is soooo cool!! I want one!! :)

Lynn said...

the ribbon holder really is lovely. So pretty :)

vtpuggirl said...

Love those finds! Beautiful projects!

Kristii said...

Beautiful work!! Love your ribbon holder!! Awesome idea!!

liz mataraza said...

that t-shirt would be just too funny! great layouts and what a neat idea on the 'ribbon tree'!