Monday, September 15, 2008

Round 2-ding ding..


Well, I made it to Round/Class #2 of the Bad Girls Design Academy. This week's project involves using color and multiple patterned paper. I'll have to see what I can come up with.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend! I had a very nice weekend with my family going to the mall on Saturday and relaxing on Sunday. It was hot and humid here yesterday-like in the 90's, but this week should be much cooler. The one thing that I wish that I could have gone to this weekend was the Chicago Renegade Craft Fair. Here are some vendor photos of their crafts that they were selling there.
Too cute!! Maybe I will go to the one next year in Brooklyn if they do it again.

These colors are my favorites this month.

They coordinate so well with the October Afternoon Detours collection that I have been using so much of lately. My problem is that I use a certain line so much, that I finally just get sick of it and then have to move on to something else..I have been trying to wait so patiently for all the new Sassafras lines to come out. Hopefully it won't be that much longer.
Here are two layouts that I recently did with the Sept. Studio Calico kit using that Detours line, as well as, some very cool Tinkering Ink paper that also coordinates with my favorite colors of the month.


Speaking of new and funky lines, I just did a layout using the new BG Offbeat line that I picked up the other day at my LSS. I love that little blue bird!


Finally, I have been meaning to use this Jenni Bowlin large Bingo card for quite some time, but I wasn't sure with what photos until I realized that these photos of Isabel at my front door would be just the perfect thing.
I finally broke down and bought the MM Evergreen paint or that tree as I was tired of trying to mix greens out of the colors that I already had in my paint collection. Making Memories paints really work the best for me on paper, rather than just regular old craft paint that I normally use on wood.


That's it for now..Off to play with my new Sept. Bad Girls Kit that is sitting at my front door.

One last thought, as a lot of you know, we tragically lost a Studio Calico sister, Aleida, last week. Her family is in our thoughts and prayers. Life is so short, what we do (scrapbooking) is so important. It is how we live on and share who we were with our future generations.. Design Teams, clubs, they are all fun, but let's not forget why we do this and why love it..

6 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

Congrats on making it to the next round Lauren! Lovin' the layouts! I didn't personally know Aleida but I have been touched deeply by her tragic story. :(

Angela said...

that is so awesome you made it to round 2!!! lo's are great too, love the colorcombo!

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful projects, congrats on Round 2! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Love the Beach lo esp.

Rita said...

Truly gorgeous LOs! Love all of them, but your last one is just brilliant! Love how you used the bingo card and all of the elements work perfectly together!

Elisa said...

Congratulations and good luck in your next round.

Which reminds me I have another friend competing too, must check her blog to see if she survived.

Staci Taylor said...

So sad about Aleida :-( I didn't know her, but it is clear how much she touched the lives of everyone around her! Awesome that you made it to the next round girl, that's fantastic! Loev all those layouts, especially the last one with the cute house!!