Thursday, September 11, 2008

Autumn is in the Air

My friend in Texas sent Isabel this little cowgirl hat. I hope and pray that her family stays safe during this impending Hurricane.

Don't you just love a challenge? This layout I did for Class #1 of the Bad Girls "Top Designer" contest. In this class we had to show several different layering techniques. I really love this Graphic 45/Paper Studio combination. It goes so well with B&W or Sepia photos.

I had been meaning to scrap these photos of Isabel in the rain from the early Spring for quite a while now. As luck would have it, my Studio Calico Sept. kit provided just the right embellishment. This little stamp:
It is actually 3 little stamps, but who can resist that cute little umbrella man?

Anyway, here is the completed layout using those new October Afternoon papers.
In this layout, I was experimenting with the new Jenni Bowlin crepe paper ribbon on the flowers. I need to research some more ways how to use it.

Lastly, here is a layout from Isabel's first day of school. I used some Autumn Leaves paper that I had in my collection for quite a while. I love that little ruler ribbon!!




7 comments:

mommy2alex said...

What great layouts!!! Love how you used the Iconic kit and stamp!

Jen Martakis said...

I LOVE that little umbrella man! He is soooo cute! Great layouts! :)

Jen Sue Wild said...

These LO's are just stunning!!

Karla Smith said...

Lauren, These are Amazing LO's.! I just Love the Top Design Academy LO.. You Rocked the Class. You get an AAA+++ from this Student..... Thanks for your comment.. and I am having fun. Can't wait for the next Assign.

Sweet Peripety said...

what an ADORABLE photo!!! Love the hat. Beautiful pages, too.

vtpuggirl said...

Gorgeous work there, that umbrella guy is the cutest!

Meg Giroux said...

Sweet layouts Lauren!!
Such a cute little cowgirl hat...your little girl looks so precious in it.
Good luck in the contest!!