Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fun prize and some layouts.



What a Campbell's Soup Kid!! My daughter could eat these soups everyday. They taste pretty darn good if you don't mind the sodium. Reminds me of when I was little.
So I finished my assignment #3 "Less is More" for the Bad Girls Academy . I was planning on doing a different layout, but I was getting tired of waiting for the photos to come in the mail and I was too anxious to work on my assignment so I used some photos I already had. To be honest, I think it came out better than I expected. I had wanted to do something like Anne Geddes where my subject is somehow perched on a flower, but I didn't have the right materials so I used the flowers petals as the base. I am pleased with the results and hopefully I will get to move on to Round #4.
I got a great prize pack in the mail the other day from the PortraitBug which is going to be one of the only scrapbooking stores in NYC. What a lovely pack. I got some Dream Street papers, a Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist pack with three gorgeous fall colors and a screen stencil, a Riff Raff dragonfly (awesome!), and some Martha Stewart rhinestones (always fabulous!).

I have been meaning to play with some of my KI Memories lace paper. I used two different colors on this layout, as well as, my new scalloped circle punch that I ordered and LOVE!! The best part of this layout to me though, are those gorgeous Glitz Designs rhinestone alphas..Oh they are so cute!!
Here is a circle layout I did with the Making Memories Animal Crackers collection. I used my alpha stamps that I picked up in the Dollar Spot at Target. Score!! They aren't the best, but for a dollar??, great!!
Finally, Here is a layout using this Anna Griffin paper that I think is so pretty.
I added some hand-cut butterflies, as well as, used my Studio Calico spotted butterfly stamp from a couple of kits ago. And theres that scalloped punch again with a Rhonna Farrer rub-on. Those rub-on's were pricey, but they came in a cute tin, work well, and the designs are stunning.
That's it for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!!!

4 comments:

Nancywithajones said...

LOVE looking at your pages. You did great using that lace paper I JUST LOVE IT! the flowers are gorgeous too

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pages. Great prize pack. Happy mail is always fun to get.

Meg Giroux said...

what a great prize package Lauren!!
Do you live in NYC?? I was just there in June on a boating trip.
Beautiful layouts my friend!!

joanne (spagirl) said...

wow... you are busy busy!! gorgeous layouts!!