Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shopping fun and some layouts


Happy Tuesday! I had a good weekend. Went out to dinner for my Birthday 3x's (Legal Sea Foods, Indian, & Little Italy), went apple picking, and spent some time in NYC at the San Genaro Festival in Little Italy and on Canal Street in Chinatown.

I also spent some time trying to do a couple layouts for the A Million Memories 2 year Anniversary Crop that was held last weekend.

I did 3 challenges including the sketch challenge:

the 2's challenge:


And a challenge in which I had to use 4 photos, stripes, chipboard, and journaling strips:


I did some shopping at my LSS and got some new BG Ambrosia papers which I so love for Fall, some AC Christmas Flair, and some of those new Maya Road chipboard cupcakes..Yum!


Finally, I made it to round 3 of the Bad Girls "Top Designer" contest.
Here is my round 2 submission in which we had to use our photos as the guide to colors and using lots of patterns. This week's class involves using lots of white space. I need to start working on my layout.
That's all for now. Have a fabulous day!!



5 comments:

vtpuggirl said...

Congrats on round 3! This is getting exciting! I can't wait to see if you go all the way! Love the layouts, esp the 2nd princess layout.

mommy2alex said...

Sounds like you had a fun and yummy birthday!!
Congrats on making it through round 3!
Gorgeous layouts!

Jen Martakis said...

Love the layouts Lauren! Congrats on making it to round 3!

For the reading list on blogger...to become a follower on my blog just click on the "follow me" link on my side bar. To add a widget on yours just go to "Customize" then "add a gadget" and there's an option for "followers". Just click "Add". :)

Nancywithajones said...

whehew congrats!! LOVE YOUR LAYOUTS!

Unknown said...

Beautiful LOs! Congrats on making it to the next round!