Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A pic, some layouts, & a shopping report


I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend! I didn't get to take my fireworks pictures as I was sitting in a car in the rain watching them. Oh well.
I thought I would share a couple of finds with everyone.

First, I went to Target and I bought some of these foam alphas in the 1$ spot. They look very similar to the AC Thickers and they do have good sticking power. I saw them in blue and red and got both. They also had lots of new items with 4th of July/Summer Themes. They also had some Alpha Chipboards (with the positive and negative shape) that reminded me of the Scenic Route chipboard I just got in my AMM July Kit. Bring on the clones!!

Also, I had been meaning to get to Wal-Mart to check out the MS crafts products there as I heard they had some items that were different than what I've seen at Michael's. I got the cornice punch, some mini inkpads, a neat dual-tipped black pen, and some cool embellishments that will go great with the MM Passport collection that is so hot lately.




Finally, I decided to get a new set of MS colored markers. The colors are so bright and fresh and I feel like a kid with a new set of crayons!!




I have been plugging away with my June Studio Calico kit. I had gotten the pattern paper add-on with this kit, so I just keep going and going.... I think I will save some of it, particularly the apple and more woodland-themed items for the fall and apple-picking time. I hope I can hold out!!


Have a Fantastic Day!!

8 comments:

Kristii said...

Love your scrappy finds!! YOur layouts are awesome too!!

Susan Beth said...

Love the layouts, especially the one with the little houses. I love little houses!

Larajc said...

I really like your swirls on the first and your pp cutout words on the second. Great job!

liz mataraza said...

i picked up those MS markers yesterday at wal-mart but then i talked myself out of getting them :(

love, love, love the little houses in the last layout!

Unknown said...

Love those foam letters. I will have to check if my Traget has them!!!

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful layouts, sorry you got rained on too. Love those letters from Target, I should have looked closer today!

Alex Hardy said...

COOL finds! i feel totally enabled to pay target a visit tonight! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Love the pages.

I had a bit of fun with the MS stuff at Wal-Mart today, too. It was hard not to buy everything I saw. LOL.