Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dance, Dance, Dance!!



My 3 year old started her first dancing class this Summer and she loves it. It is so cute watching little girls in leotards and tap shoes dancing around. I took a bunch of photos the first few sessions and finally got around to making some layouts using a bunch of dance-themed supplies that I had been hoarding for almost a year. You know, when you buy stuff for their Kindergarten layouts, when they are only 2??

Speaking of hoarding supplies, I have been really trying to use up a lot of my stash.

I did this layout using those foam stamps from the LB CK Kit of the month that everyone HAD TO HAVE back in jan/feb. I thought I would use them all the time, but they just sit and collect dust in my laundry room. Of course, this was also before I discovered the world of acrylic stamps.
Here is a layout that I did using my My Mind's Eye papers and embellishments. I love MME and I tend to collect pieces of it in mass quantities because the papers are so pretty and the little tags and embellishments are so versatile. I also love this layout because I used and 8x10" photo and I just love using huge photos.
Finally, here is a little layout of my daughter and her little friend sharing ice cream cones. I used those BG Cupcake papers (I think I have 4 sheets of that awesome ice cream paper) and I dotted the AC Thickers with color using my MS markers.
Have a wonderful day! It is supposed to rain cats and dogs here for the next two days..Hopefully, I will get some good scrapping time in..

4 comments:

liz mataraza said...

love the layouts! i read your post on SC about scrappin' your stash...you should come visit us over at SYC

Kristii said...

Your layouts are awesome!! Love your work! I have been trying to use up my stash this summer too! While I have used quite a bit, I don't think I have made a dent!

Ally said...

Oh how I miss those dance days! My daughter started when she was three and then when she was six, she auditioned for and got into the company! We had years of recitals, shows, and competitions and I admit I liked it as much as she did!

Sharie said...

Way to use up your stash! I especially love the dots you used to customize your letters.