Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mr. Roboto

I finally took out my huge stash of Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo paper, diecuts, and Blackboard shapes and letters. I spent a few hours with glue all over my hands trying to put together all the little components of the robots, gears, and gadgets. So here they are, so cute.. Too cute that I don't think I will be able to place them on a layout and file them away. So I think that I am going to attach some magnets to the back of them and put them on the side of my refrigerator.
Isabel, my daughter, loves robots. I don't know why..she just does.. She especially loves
WALL-E and it was her very first movie she went to see in the theatre. So what a perfect opportunity it was to use some of my Cogsmo papers to scrap it.
Takashi Murakami, the Japanese artist famous for those funky colored Louis Vuitton bags, had an exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum of Art recently which we went to see. You weren't actually allowed to take pictures inside the exhibit, but I took a few of the display outside. Very Cool. Have a great day!!

5 comments:

Meg Giroux said...

Lauren, I love this paper too, its so cute! What a cool art display to go and see. Hope you have a good day!

Kristii said...

Love your robots!!! So way cute!! Your layout is totally awesome!!! I am hoping to see Wall*e soon too!!

caroline said...

omg those robots are sooooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

those robots are too cute! love the magnet idea! ;)

vtpuggirl said...

That's an adorable Cosmo project to make magnets! Adorable layouts, love what you've done here!