Thursday, August 7, 2008

Obsessions-Thickers & Heather Bailey

mirror, mirror.....



So some of us like shoes and purses..Scrapbookers like to collect American Crafts Thickers letter stickers..What is it about these little guys that are so addictive? The fresh colors? The unique textures like vinyl, foam, chipboard, glitter?? The fantastic fonts??I don't know, but I sure so love 'em..My major complaint though is, why do I always run out of those so important letters?? I have trouble with E's, S's, A's, and O's... Some sets seem to have more than others..I don't know..It's just one of life's great mysteries, I guess..
Speaking of loves..I am also loving the new Heather Bailey line from Autumn Leaves.. At first it reminded me a lot of the Amy Butler Line, which I love, but already have a lot of so I wasn't doing backflips to buy much of HB's line..It is so different from that..It has more of a Lily Pulitzer-Palm Beach vibe..So perfect for Summer photos..It also works so well with the baby blue glitter thickers and hot pink Hambly accents from the AMM August Kit. Love, Love, Love..I gobbled that kit up..I think I may need to get a few more sheets of this fabulous paper.
Here are some of the layouts I did from the kit:
After using this kit, I was inspired to get out some old Glitz Designs hot pink damask paper that I had stashed away. I made this layout with it using an old ribbon/buckle that I had save from a Sephora gift box from a couple of years ago.
Thanks for reading! Have a lovely day!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with running out of my Thickers. I wonder if they'd just sell an add-on pack for people like us. :-)

Anonymous said...

it never fails that i run out of Es...i swear i'm gonna make an only-E letter pack to go with the full alphabet sets! :)

Jen Martakis said...

I hear ya on running out of Thicker letters. I always end up using my 3's for E's and cutting up my 8's too. ;) Great projects, the papers are beautiful!

Alex Hardy said...

LoL. i totally agree that Thickers are the equivalent of closet full of great shoes. a definite MUST HAVE.

lovelovelove that Glitz page with the recycled Sephora ribbon ... so PRETTY!

Davinie Fiero said...

We certainly share a couple of obsessions there.... and I am with Lisa on the pack of E's.

Denise said...

Love your layouts! I am a Thicker addict, too, and always run out of vowels, too. That stinks. I think they need to sell vowel packs, but then I would have too many u's. LOL!

Meg Giroux said...

Lauren I have a major addiction to them also. My husband put a cafe rod on the wall in my scraproom and it is full of them dangling from shower hooks. Well, the only problem is he had to go buy another rod and put it up to make room for the 2nd rod full I had bought since. HE, HE!!!!!

Jenn said...

I would pay extra for a pack of E's! Great layouts.

Lauren said...

yeah... me and thickers have a problem too... they never have enough "Ls" in a package! lol :)

Sugar Spice Cabinet said...

Love the Thickers!! I am addicted to them to. I want some just Yellow (bright yellow) not neon, glitter, or gold just yellow like a bee or a flower or something... but sigh can't find any.

Us and our obsessions.

mborrero said...

love those stickers too.

living creating & appreciating
my blog

vtpuggirl said...

Thicker lover right here! Can't wait for my baby blue glitter thickers to get here tomorrow!!!!

Rita said...

Love your layouts, especially the last one! Gorgeous! My name is Rita, and I am a thicker-a-holic, lol! I run out of letters too, but I can't bear to throw away the half used packages! What's a girl to do?!?

Kristii said...

Thickers are my absolute favorite Your layouts are totally amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo with you on the Thickers!!! I want them all, in every color! I need right now to find the puffy ones!