Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gingerbread Wonderland...



It has been somewhat of a tradition to visit the "Gingerbread Wonderland" at the arboretum by my house. Every year, they put on a display of gingerbread creations made by local schools, clubs and families.
It is so neat to see all the adorable little houses all lined up.





I am always inspired to create my own gingerbread house after visiting, which I made yesterday with a little help from my 3 year old:


Here is the finished product:

I used one of those Wilton kits (no, I am not going to take the credit that I baked the gingerbread myself, but I did assemble the house). I think it came out pretty good for an amateur, that is..

Lastly, I made a couple of layouts. One using my old Basic Grey Mellow paper:
This one with the AMM Dec. Kit:
And this one with some Christmas paper from a My Mind's Eye paper pad that I picked up in Michael's a few weeks ago:


That is all for now..Must get started on my holiday baking..well..maybe tomorrow..

6 comments:

Susan Beth said...

Those ginger bread displays are amazing. And frankly, I think getting a gingerbread house together is taking credit for quite a lot - I often fail at that part! Yours looks great!

Lauren said...

Yum! YUm! Yum! Love your gingerbread houses. Would you believe that I have never made one??

Cassandra West said...

Great gingerbread houses!! You did a great job with your too!!!

Fun LO's!!! Cute photos!!!

Helsbells said...

I love your gingerbread house! WHat great piccies :)

vtpuggirl said...

Love the let it snow layout, Wow! I love your gingerbread house too. I have no patience for it this year, maybe next year.

mborrero said...

Love all the pictures