Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Early Valentines Day!


I know it is a few days early, but I wanted to wish everyone a very happy Valentine's Day.
My daughter has a little party at her school tomorrow so I made her teacher a little present using a Maya Road lunchbox that I altered.

The front has a Maya Road chipboard heart/wings that I crackled and glittered and added some buttons to. I made a little keychain attached to the heart using some Prima blossoms and some die-cut tags from K & Co.
On the back, I adhered a piece of BG patterned paper, as well as some layered flowers and another die-cut. Along the top and the box border, I layered, adhered, and tied a bunch of pink, brown, and white ribbons to it.
The best part about the box though, are the sweet treats inside. There are three different varieties of Hereshey's Kisses: Hot Cocoa, NY Cheesecake, and Peanut Butter. Yum!!

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I did two layouts using some stuff I had in last year's V-day stash, as well as, the awesome February "A Million Memories" kit.


Have a Sweet V-day!!!

4 comments:

Ayesha said...

im so not in the valentines spirit this year.... love the altered tin

Denise said...

I bet the teachers love the tins you altered. You did a fab job and what they are filled with has got to make anybody happy!

Have a wonderful valentine's day!

laverneboese said...

Love the layouts and the recycled Maya Road tin...how fabulous. What did you use to crackle the heart? I've had a terrible time with crackling anything in the past :(

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

What a lovely teacher gift!! Your LO's are beautiful too!!