Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's been too long!!



It's been over a week since I last blogged, but I have a good excuse. I was away in NH last week and didn't have my access to my computer. I missed my little blog.

The last couple of weeks I was busy with the Bad Girl's "Top Designer" contest. On week #3 I was dropped or so I thought, until I was given the opportunity to be "Wild Card#4". That means I was allowed to compete anonymously in Class #4 and I had a whole bunch of extra criteria to adhere to. Class #4 was called "Accessorizing" so I had to make my layout design and embellishments work around the theme of my photo. I had to rack my brain to find a photo and a design to get to the next level. I came up with this one:
I liked the texture of those trees that I painted and added some pom pom apples to them and also added lots of Glossy Accents to the trees and letters to add lots of shine.

So..I passed the class and moved on to Class #5 "Color Psychology" which involved using the colors in your photo as the inspiration for the colors in your layout. I only had a day to work on mine since I was away, but I came up with this layout: that I am still happy with, although, I am not moving on to the last class..That is ok though, because I am happy I got that far in the competition and I have a nasty cold, so my motivation is a little down.


This week's class #6 involves "Breaking all the Rules" and right now I am having trouble staying in the lines as it is with my cold..so I am happy just creating to create..Know what I mean??

Speaking of creating, I basically gobbled up all the paper in my Oct. A Million Memories kit since I got home. The colors were so great for scrapping all of my autumn photos since they were filled with ambers, browns, greens and golds. I also loved the amber crystals and gold Thickers that were so pretty with the papers.
Here are some of my layouts:

That's all for now! I hope that everyone has a great Fall day. The weather here has been so sunny and warm. Just lovely!

10 comments:

mommy2alex said...

Great layouts, I so love the richness in the red ones!!

Jen Martakis said...

Wow! You've been a busy lady! Lovin all the eye candy! I hope you get to feeling better.

Cath said...

Wow, those layouts are fantastic!

vtpuggirl said...

The weather is amazing! Congrats to you for getting so far, I was getting so excited when you said you got another chance in the contest. You did amazing layouts, you should be so happy with them. Love that AMM kit, looks amazing! I was drooling over it in the newsletter.

AnnaMarie said...

WOW your LO's are gorgeous!

Sweet Peripety said...

WOW! These are fantastic! I need to take a closer look...what a great challenge process. And congrats for making it so far.
*and I apologize if this is a second post from me LOL..something messed up on my computer at the same time I was commenting.

Rita said...

Wow, so many gorgeous LOs! Love them all! The texture in the first one is amazing, and I just love all of you fall pages!

Chimene said...

What a beautiful pages!!!!!
Love your use of colors!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comment in my blog!
Love all your beautiful layouts :)

Helsbells said...

I love all your autumnal layouts! Gorgeous colours :)